Saturday, November 9, 2013

iBook

I did not keep a very good blog during this project, so I thought I would put everything into this one post, and delete the rest. 


In the beginning I played around on iBook author, so I knew how everything worked. After a couple of lessons of making little mini books I had figured everything out, and realised that it was actually very simple and easy to use. I then began to plan out my story. I figured out what my chapters were going to be, how many, and how long would each be. I really just made it that every big thing that happened would be a chapter and whatever other little bits were needed in that chapter. After this I cut the movie into the specific chapters and put them into the iBook. After this I began to write the story. I put much more dialog and information into this than what is in the videos. This is because it is easier to put across a story through words than it is in the animation. So I did this for each. Afterwards I put in a glossary. This was pretty straightforward as the book didn’t really have hard word, because it is aimed at such a young age group, so I just did the words that I thought the little kids might not know, plus some other simple words. Then it was time to hand it in, but when I put it on the iPad I realised that I hadn’t put in any titles for the chapters, so I had to do that that, and redo putting it onto the iPad. After this everything was done and I am pleased with what I did. 

No comments:

Post a Comment