Saturday, November 9, 2013

Self evaluation

Year 9 Creative Media Animation – Term 4

Task 4: iBook, commentary and self-reflection and evaluation:


Part One: Discuss your feelings about the iBook animation story task:
  1. Are you satisfied with the final result?
Yes, I am very satisfied with my iBook. It has turned out very well.
  1. Did the iBook require more/less time than you originally thought?
The iBook took way less time than I thought it would, I did not realise how smple and easy it was to make.
  1. Would like to change any aspects of your final project (layout, links, images, video and audio content, colour scheme etc)?
No, I don’t think there is anything specific that I would want to change. Of course I could do lots of things differently, but I think that the way it is pretty good.  
  1. If you could start the project again what would you do differently?
If I were to do the project again I would maybe make the story longer, and more in depth. 

Part Two: Respond to each of the following dot points (using complete sentences or paragraphs). You should include as much detail as possible in your responses.

  1. Discuss whether your iBook has turned out the way you pictured.
Yes, it has turned out how I wanted it to, and maybe even even better, as I thought it would have been much harder, but it was actually really easy.
  1. Explain whether your iBook clearly depicts the style of your animation and describe some specific design principles that you have used to achieve this.
I think my iBook has clearly depicted the style of my animation- simple. I chose to keep it simple and light as it is aimed at young kids. I did this by using light colours, and keeping everything looking happy. 
  1. Describe any problems or technical difficulties you encountered while creating your spoken words in GarageBand. These may include; sound or video issues, corrupt or missing files, difficulty using the iBooks Author or GarageBand software, problems importing/exporting files, etc;
When I first began the iBook, I had been putting in the videos without sound, but I realised this so I just replaced them with the right ones. Also the sound in parts of my iBook sound really weird, I’m not sure how to explain it, you can still her everything properly though so it isn’t too much of a problem. 
  1. Did you have all of the necessary resources to complete your iBook or did you have to create new materials? 
No, I had everything thst I needed for my iBook, and I didn’t need to create anything else for it which is a good thing. 
  1. List the steps you used to plan and develop your project.
I just kept it in the order of the original animation I created. 
- I figured out how many chapters I would need, and wether i was going to have lots of little ones of a few large ones
- I then cut my video into the chapters I wanted
- I put them into iBook author
- Lastly I put in the written part of the book. 
  1. Talk about any time-management issues you encountered during the project and describe the steps you took to improve in this area;
I worked really slowly through this project as it was pretty simple, but I still had it done in time, so I don’t really think I had any time management problems. 
  1. Discuss whether you undertook adequate and detailed reflection throughout your project. i.e. Have you provided enough evidence to support your work? (Look back at your blogs and think about whether it looks like a whole terms worth of work)

No, I don’t think I have undertaken adequate and detailed reflections, as I did not make a very thorough blog, that was very in depth.

No comments:

Post a Comment